Thursday, November 22, 2012

CTNX 2012 Post Report!

CTN Animation Expo 2012 happened this past weekend and in summary, it was awesome! Jessika and myself were down there exhibiting, selling prints, seeing familiar faces as well as new ones! It was our 3rd year at the event and I don't see us missing it anytime soon! I've been to several different festivals/events and CTN definitely takes the cake year after year for being a weekend filled with amazing talent, inspiring talks, friendly faces and great atmosphere!

So lets get to the piles of pictures!

Flight begins to LA!

Once we arrived in the Marriott Burbankwe set up our table for CTN! Ooo Ahhh 
I was mostly selling artwork from my 'Lil' Red' animated  short. I was also giving away Paper Box Pug templates! If you got one from me, I would love to see pictures! :)

After setting up our table we found these out the doors! Time to do some wrecking! ..er I mean fixing...

I love how they not only made real arcade machines, but scratched and dirtied them up to look old and vintage. So good.

Our table was next to some awesome peeps!  Including the uber talented Peter Emmerich (not in photo) and David Depasquale! Their super cool friend Devin  was also there helping em out.

Right across from us was the amazing Steph Laberis!  Not only is her art top notch but she also makes crazy awesome felt characters! Including Science the rat from Adventure Time! :D


The super nice Ben Burch was just up the alley from us, showcasing his great retro travel art! 

Jess and I had to check out the Gravity Falls speaker session! Was a hilarious as well as inspiring talk! 

My view to the right! See the Artist Demo area in action! Mr. Brett Bean drawing up a storm on the right side!

View to my left! There Jess is at the bottom getting a funny caricature from the Talented Mario! 

Apple break! You really had little to no time to get out and eat in the day. This is a rare moment of me with food before the end of the day.

Some of the coolest, nicest and most inspiring people you can meet! Mr. Mike Tiki Machine C, Jez Tuya, and Gillian Reid !!

Dave and Jed were there selling prints from their amazing Japanese Wood Block video game inspired series! Crazy cool stuff!

I'm happy the far too talented Samantha Kallis found me by my table! :D

Another madly talented gent! Mr. Ty Carter

The one and only art beast Brett Bean

Some quick caricatures of myself and Matt Doering by Ricky!  You wouldn't guess looking at me there, but I was laughing so much that evening my stomach and cheeks were in painnn! 


The nicest guy ever CTN veteran Ryan Summers picked  up one of my original Lil' Red paintings!  (I look crazy in that pic)

Really to me CTN is all about the amazing people! Justin Rodrigues, Rachel Nelson, Gillian Reid, Matt Timms !! 

Power couple Andrea Fernandez and Trevor Spencer! Wishing I got their book before it sold out! :)

The always super inspiring, always super friendly Stephen Silver!

That is really just a small taste of all the amazing artists that were filling the Marriott that weekend! 

It was great seeing so many familiar faces again as well as people who I mostly know from online!Others not pictured above include Pascal Campion, Betsy Bauer, Natalie Hall, Mike Dutton, Bill Robinson, Bruce Smith, Jessie V, Jeff Williams, Brittany Cole, Bruno Chekerdimian, Catherine Hicks, Elsa C, Brittany Lee, Chris Alvarez, Benoit Therriault and so many more!! 

It was really great seeing you all! (I'm sorry If I didn't list you here!)

I also more than anything, appreciate everyone who came by Jess and I's table on the weekend! Whether to chat, get an opinion, buy a print or just say hello, it made my weekend talking to you all. 



See you all next year and thanks for the inspiration!

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie-Helene said...

Really nice to finally meet you too!
Marie... Benoit's wife :o)

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie Harlow said...

Hi Cale! Great to meet you and Jessika last weekend! I just found the paper cutout and had way too much fun putting it together. I'm not sure how else to share the picture, so posted it to my blog. :)

4:27 AM  
Blogger Cale Atkinson said...

Marie-Helene: It was so great meeting you and Macbeth last weekend! :D I LOVED seeing the pictures of all the Paper Pugs! Hope you had a safe and pleasant trip home :)

Stephanie: Woo Hoo!! It was awesome meeting you too! :D I love the picture you posted! So happy you put him together and posted it up!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ty Carter said...

Cale-It was awesome finally meeting you in person!! Thanks for the shout out!

ps-I love my print:)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Cale Atkinson said...

Ty!
It was ineed great to finally meet! I hope we can again in the not too far future and hang out/chat more! :)

I love my print too! Going to be doing some frame shopping very shortly!

5:00 PM  
Blogger James Lien said...

Awesome pics! It was really nice meeting you and thanks for the paper pugs!

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola, hemos agregado un trackback (enlace hacia este artículo) en el nuestro ya que nos pareció muy interesante la información detallada pero no quisimos copiarla, sino que nuestros lectores vengan directamente a la fuente. Gracias... consultar reporte del datacredito

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home